Dark Chocolate Frosting
LOVE this rich, decadent chocolate frosting. Works perfectly with a vanilla butter cake or take it over the top and pair it with a dark chocolate cake.
Dark Chocolate Frosting RecipeMakes: 3x eight inch round
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 Tbsp milk
- Beat butter with electric mixer for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar & 2 tsp vanilla. Beat again until well blended.
- Add 2 more cups of powdered sugar & 1/2 cup dark chocolate powder & 3 Tbsp milk.
- Mix for 4-5 minutes to ensure the buttercream is full of air. If needed, slowly add 1 Tbsp at a time of additional milk, careful to stop when consistency is firm but flexible for piping.