My absolute favorite for the holidays! Add this frosting on a yellow or white cake but for the full HAPPY HOLIDAY effect, bake up eggnog cupcakes! Check out my Homemade Eggnog recipe and take this frosting to a whole new level!
Eggnog Buttercream Frosting RecipeMakes: 24 cupcakes piped or 2x eight inch round
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dark Rum (substitute 1/2 tsp of rum extract)
- 6 Tbsp homemade eggnog
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Beat butter with electric mixer for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar & 1 Tbsp Dark Rum. Beat again until well blended.
- Add 3 more cups of powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp eggnog, & 1 tsp nutmeg.
- Add 2 more cups of powdered sugar & 3 Tbsp eggnog.
- Slowly add 1 Tbsp at a time of additional eggnog, careful to stop when consistency is firm but flexible for piping.