Coconut Buttercream + Toasted Coconut Flakes
The Coconut Buttercream frosting is full of flavor. I like to use a round tip when piping and leave a slight border of the cupcake. This border gets covered when you dip the cupcake into the coconut flakes. Too much buttercream can make this treat rich real quick.
Coconut Buttercream Frosting RecipeMakes: 24 cupcakes piped or 2x eight inch round
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4-5 Tbsp coconut milk or (1 tsp coconut extract + 3-4 Tbsp milk)
- Beat butter with electric mixer for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar & 2 tsp vanilla. Beat again until well blended.
- Add 3 more cups of powdered sugar & 4-5 Tbsp coconut milk. Flavor with a pinch of salt. I really like to do this as it helps the buttercream not be "sickly sweet"
- Slowly add 1 Tbsp at a time of additional milk, careful to stop when consistency is firm but flexible for piping.